Thursday, March 21, 2013

3 step - "OZ" Statement Wedges.... DIY tutorial

"Oz" inspired 3 step DIY tut. 






                 Okay, Okay..... I'm a little obsessed with the Wizard of Oz. Okay, A LOT obsessed.

   I have a growing collection of L. Frank Baum's, original books and they are DOG EARED from reading them over and over.

  My all time favorite movie is the original, black and white, and  perfect "Wizard of Oz" with Judy Garland and her beautiful ruby red slippers, and the Yellow Brick Road.......

  Hollywood has caught on to all my favorites and have been bringing these classic beautiful "children's books" back to the Big Screen. I have high hopes for "Oz the Great and Powerful".  (I'm just grateful it does not have Johnny Depp in it, stinkin' up the scene, or I would deem the whole charade UNWATCHABLE. Two words.... Mad. Hatter. Barf! )

SO!! I decided to pump up some outdated "cork wedges" and DIY them into an OZ inspired Statement wedge!!

I will definitely be wearing them to the theatre.

Heres the 3 step TUTORIAL!! Enjoy!!






Original Book


Black and Gold 
Luxury Inspiration. 
-The RhyNoceros







Grab a pair of your old corked wedges and lets get started!! 











You will need:




  • Corked Wedge Shoes
  • Acrylic Paint- Black, metallic gold, and Bright Red. 
  • A Pencil
  • Paintbrushes
  • ModPodge - Glossy

Step 1: Draw
   It's truly that easy. Draw simple stripes on your cork base. I followed the lines of the canvas top, but you can draw whatever kind of lines or geometric shapes you like! 


  

Step 2: Paint
  I alternated colors with the black and metallic gold. And I painted the visible part of the rubber bottom with a Louboutin inspired Red. Let dry for at least 2 hours. (Perfect amount of time to watch a little Wizard of Oz...)


   

Step 3: Seal
 Simply coat the entire project in "MOD PODGE" and let dry.

   "MOD PODGE" is the single most important ingredient I have in my craft room. If you don't own it, go get it. Get the matte, get the glossy, get it all!! (Amsterdammers- you can find it online here: http://www.vanbeekart.nl)






TADAH!!!!!! 



These sexy little puppies are going out tonight!! (Even though it's the first day of spring, it's snowing.... So I'm gonna warm them up with some cute, cozy socks!! Styled pics to come later.)




Update!!!

Here are the Styled Pics, and HOLY MOLY!! I loved them!! I had so much fun, even DANCED in them all night. ANd Oh SO comfy! I mixed patterns with some VIVID polka dot tights, and a simple shirt dress.





(I'll do a tutorial for EASY PEASY Kim Basinger waves soon. You'll be SHOCKED how easy it is! )





No comments:

Post a Comment