So, as stated in my previous post, last week was hard for me. I felt alone and a little depressed. So I deleted my facebook account, to gain some insight. I realized that I was expending too much emotional energy, checking and posting, and not really receiving any emotional substance in return. To sum it up, I was left feeling kind of empty. So... in the absence of social media, I finally finished a project I had been wanting to do for a couple weeks now; a custom jewelry organizer.
| The problem : loads of jewelry tangled up in bags and boxes. |
I got the idea from some DIY blogs that I follow, where crafters had taken old printing trays and converted them to jewelry organizers. I wasn't sure where I might find a printing tray, or something like it, until I was riding down the street on my bike and found this old board game set out to the trash. It is a traditional dutch game called "Sjoelbak" and it is kind of a miniature version of our shuffleboard. Anyway, I thought it would be perfect.
I then visited our local thrift shop, and the hardware store, where I purchased several odds and ends that I thought would work for jewelry hanging. Then, while Jacob did his Hockey thing, I got to work on my jewelry organizer. I think it turned out very well. :)
| Step one : paint. |
| I wanted it to match the clothes shelf I already made. |
| Faux finishing. |
| I cut and painted dowel rods, added a mirror, and some jewelry making pieces that I customized for hanging. |
![]() |
| Waiting for the glue to dry. |
![]() |
| And Tadaaaah!! Finished!! |
| The perfect way to organize my mess. :) |
I am pretty proud of the way it turned out. I am thinking of making some more and taking them to local home interior stores to see if I could sell them. Hey.... Why not?
Also, the weather is muuuuch improved this week and with it, my overall mood. <3
Hope to hear from you all soon. - Risa



Please write me comments!! What do you think??
ReplyDeleteI love it. I need to get on the ball ( in my spare time) and get all of my jewelry out of the many piles it's all in. You're so clever my miniature friend.
ReplyDeleteHey Ri, very cool. Inspires me. Sorry you had a bad week. I promise things will get better. Nicole
ReplyDeletethis is super cool !! i may have to be inspired by u once again!! :)
ReplyDeleteAnother excellent result from your talented labor. Miss you a ton around this house.
ReplyDeleteOMG! this is soo awesome! I love it!
ReplyDeleteThis is bad ass babe. I love you
ReplyDelete